|A new AX development book for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Services!|
If you are developing with Dynamics AX 2012,
you’ll need this book. For two reasons.
Firstly, as you’ll need to deal with services.
Secondly, because it is a great book.
The book is 200 pages,
and it does a great job of explaining how to build and how to consume services.
I think the book is great for several reasons:
- It is technical. The level of contents and technical depth is comparable to Inside Dynamics AX 2012.
- It is unique. The contents is written for this book. You will not find it anywhere else.
- It is self-contained. Whenever a concept is used, it will be explained – even when it is not directly related to services. So be prepared for excursions to the lands of CIL, WCF, Runbase, AX Security, Visual Studio, UI builders etc.
- It is actionable. Each chapter shows step-by-step, line-by-line what to do in various scenarios. Urging you to try it out yourselves.
- It is opinionated. I’m not sure how they managed, but the book somehow captures the atmosphere we had when building AX 2012 – we knew we were on to something special.
The book deals out appraisals where due, and explains why AX 2012 is a huge leap forward for services.
It is jovial. The tone in the book is welcoming and direct –
I think the most used word is “you”.
This is quite refreshing for a technical book.
A big “Thank You!” to the team behind the book for increasing the
AX community’s knowledge: Klaas Deforche, Kenny Saelen, Palle Agermark,
José Antonio Estevan and Tom Van Dyck.
To buy check this: http://www.packtpub.com/microsoft-dynamics-ax-2012-services-r2-2e/book