Deciding on the structure of your user groups
The groups you create and the permissions you assign to user groups should reflect the structure of your organization. For example, you may want to create groups for Human Resources, Finance, Sales, and Production to name a few, and then set the appropriate permissions for these groups. Create user group names that describe the permissions granted for that group, such as Finance - Full, General ledger - Read Only, Accounts payable - Edit. In this manner you avoid confusion if you have to create additional groups.
- From a Microsoft Dynamics AX client, click > > .
- On the tab, create a new group.
- Enter an identification in the Group column (required). For example, Fin for Finance or HR for Human Resources.
- Enter a name in the User group name column (required). For example, Finance Department or Human Resources Department.
- Click the tab.
- Select users in the list and then click the left-arrow button (<) to move the selected users into the list. All users moved into the list are added to the current group.
- Press CTRL+S to save changes.