How to Install and configure Network Printers for Print Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
Today one of my friends asked "How to Install and configure Network Printers for Print Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations?
So here are the steps:
In Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, we need to install and setup Document Routing Agent (DRA) in our system and activate Network Printers in Dynamics 365 for printing.
· Printer Server.
· Printer Service account which can be used to install the printers on the Printer Server or the local laptop\PC.
· Active directory domain services authentication required.
· The client is supported only on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, or on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 or higher.
Network printers that are registered for Finance and Operations applications can be used by all legal entities (also known as companies) that are defined in the environment. Network printer settings are company-specific.
Therefore, administrators can restrict access, based on the user's active company. For example, users in the active company might have access to all the network printers that are registered by the Document Routing Agent. However, users in another company won't have access to those printers until access is explicitly enabled for that company.
· Before you install the DRA, please install the Printer Server
· In this case, I am using my local Laptop as my Printer Server
Install the Document Routing Agent
Finance and Operations applications use the Document Routing Agent to manage the spooling of documents to network printer devices.
You can obtain the client by using direct links that are embedded in the web application. Use the following procedure to download the application to your local computer. You will then be able to access both local and network printers that are connected to your computer,
from a single deployment of Finance and Operations.
1. Open the Manage network printers page (Organization administration > Setup > Network printers).
2. On the Options tab, in the Application group, click Download document routing agent installer.