As a client connects to an AOS that AOS queries the database to determine which AOS the client will connect to
- Object Server 01: No ping from 77. Terminating the session.
- This error message indicates that the end user ended the client session before the AOS could return the requested results to the client.
- To prevent this error message end users shouldn’t end task (ctrl –alt – delete) their Dynamics AX session. Instead an end user should contact their AX administrator and have them end their session from the online users form.
- Object Server 01: SPID 57 for Session Id 77, is still present in the database. Please delete the SPID from the database.
- This indicates that the end user shut down their Dynamics AX client before SQL finished processing the request.
- You can delete the SPID or let SQL finish processing
- If you don’t clean up the SPID it could cause issues such as blocking transactions, and open transactions which may lead to transaction log backup failures.
- This typically indicates the AOS service account does not have permissions to the database.
- Object Server 03: SQL diagnostics: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'Corp\axadmin'.. Connect information was: Userid = , Database = [DAX_Prod], Server = [server1], DSN = , Other = 
- This is caused by insufficient SQL permissions.
Windows Error: = Error Code: 64 = The specified network name is no longer available.