If a malicious user learns the Business Connector proxy credentials (name and password),
that user could gain unauthorized access to sensitive information. For this reason,
only Microsoft Dynamics AX administrators should know the proxy credentials.
- Create the proxy account in Active Directory directory service.
- Create the proxy account in the Microsoft Dynamics AX database.
To create the proxy account in Active Directory
- Create a unique user in Active Directory in the form domain\username, for example, redmond\bcproxy. This user must not have the same name as an existing Microsoft Dynamics AX user. For the procedure to add a new user, see the Active Directory documentation.
- Assign a password to the user.
- Select the Password does not expire option.
- Select the No interactive logon rights option.
- Close Active Directory.
To set the proxy account in the Microsoft Dynamics-AX database
- From a Microsoft Dynamics AX Client, click > > > .
- In the field, enter the name of the proxy user previously entered in Active Directory, for example, bcproxy.
- In the field, enter the domain.
- Click .